Friday, September 12, 2014

Patchwork Sewing Kit

This pattern is one that I admired for a long time before making it, being uncertain of my patchwork and quilting skills. But after making a small quilt for my dog a while back, I decided I should give it a shot!



As you can hopefully see, it turned out pretty well! This was the first small patchwork project I did, and I think I did a decent job of picking coordinating patterns for the fabric. I'm also glad I decided to go with the red & white fabric for the border--I feel like it draws everything together.


I used a plain linen for the inside to contrast with the colorful patchwork outside, and added some lace accents to the inner pockets as well. :D



 I'm beyond thrilled with how it looks--it's so cheerful!--and it really is the perfect size for a portable sewing kit. Just big enough to fit an embroidery hoop, but small enough to easily slip in a bag. The tutorial was also super easy to follow.



I also can't resist including a shot of my sajou scissors. I got them in France and think they are one of the prettiest things I own--as well as being a really excellent tool.

Anyway, I'm excited to try more patchwork projects in the future--they are so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment