Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Spring Break!

My break is over, and I am going back to classes this monday. So I thought I'd share what I've been doing for the past week!

Knitting
I finally started both my wisp scarf and sirius ski hat! I had been waiting to get a pair of size 4 circs for the hat, and am glad I did--one of my lys started stocking Knitter's Pride dreamz needles, and they are very, very nice. I picked up some size 2 dpns as well!




Weaving
I decided to keep my loom (a 24" ashford rigid heddle) at my house during winter term, so this was the first time I got to use it since December! I finished the scarf I'd been working on then, and mainly played around with patterns and pick-up sticks for the rest. I did my first weaving from a draft--a dishcloth for my mom, and will finish warping up some more dishcloths today.

I also got some fairly nice cotton for future weaving projects--8 skeins of Berroco's Pure Pima.

Crochet
Continuing my doily obsession, I went out and bought some 100% cotton sewing thread, as well as some size 10 DMC crochet tread. It should make for a fun contrast. :) I can't wait to use it!

Embroidery
My friend told me about this awesome local embroidery shop, so I went and was delighted with all the stuff they had! I got a great deal on some aida remnants, picked up some linen I've been wanting to try, and best of all got some soie d'alger! I have never embroidered with silk before, so I am very excited to try.


Anyway, that's a brief overview. I am going to try and keep this blog up in the future (I realize this is my first post in forever), and will post some detailed shots of some projects I have finished.

Thanks!
MW

No comments:

Post a Comment