Sunday, July 22, 2012

Needlebooks!

I am a big fan of needlebooks. I like to embroider, as I find it relaxing, but I like to make "practical" things--thus needlebooks. They're also super cute. :D

Anyway, these are two needlebooks I've made, one cross-stitch and one felt with embroidery.

I made this for my mom for mother's day. She doesn't embroider or sew, but she wanted one. I used a pattern (modified) I found here and found this tutorial helpful for putting it together. It is made of 28 count linen with cotton for the inside and wool felt to hold the needles.


I put her first initial on the back.

This is the second needlebook I made--wool felt that I cut in the shape of a leaf and then embroidered with swirls. It was really fun to make, and the first time I ever did blanket stitch. My sister has claimed this needlebook. :)
I may put up a tutorial for this one later--I did save the pattern pieces I used to make the leaf shape, and it's quite simple.


Thanks!
MWP

2 comments:

  1. Very nice needlebooks! Thanks for letting me know you used my tutorial. May I add your needlebook photo to my album?

    ReplyDelete