Friday, August 30, 2013

Thread Bags

Recently I've been having a lot of fun making a few bags out of thread--DMC perle cotton, to be precise. I love to knit and crochet with thread, but these bags have been extra fun!




This first bag is from a pattern in Interweave's Jane Austen magazine. I loved the color combination, so I stuck with what the magazine sample showed. I think it turned out very well, and I am especially proud of my lining--knitting is much easier for me than sewing, so I was happy it turned out so well!



This bag is made from a vintage opera bag pattern. I made it for my friend's birthday, as she loves all things vintage and one of our favorite activities is seeing operas together! It is made in irish crochet, and then I lined it with a silk-like polyester material. The handle is twisted cord made from the same thread as I used to crochet and metal ends. 


I also sewed a matching fabric-covered button on the inside of the bag to help close it! 


Overall, I think both of these 'reticules' turned out very well. Little thread bags like this may be a tad impractical nowadays, but they were super fun to make and are very pretty. :) Now I need to find some more to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment