Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Spinning adventures


So I have been enjoying my summer so far--soon I will have to start studying for placement exams for the fall, but for now I've been occupying myself with knitting, crocheting, embroidering, and spinning!! Spinning is a highly addicting hobby. I keep falling even deeper into it.

For instance, here is my first fleece-cleaning adventure:



I got the fleece from a friend's professor, who kindly offered it upon hearing that I was a spinner. :D It's absolutely beautiful and has wonderful crimp, as well as being very soft. I am flicking the locks and spinning it into what I hope will be a lovely lace-weight.


I'm spinning it on my bosworth featherweight. Such a fantastic spindle--I want about a dozen more. :)


I've also been working my way through spinning my first hand-dyed roving, from tayloredfibers. I really like it, and the colors are just what I wanted--easy to spin without messing up and making it look muddy or something.


I spun it on my 2" golding ring-spindle. I adore this spindle for projects I want to travel with me, as the shaft is quite short. However, it does become full pretty quickly. But that's a small price to pay for portability and adorableness!



I feel like I am making a lot of progress as a spinner, and am getting ready to start actually spinning for planned knitting projects. I am also getting ready to get some new spindles--there are so many pretty ones, and I am constantly tempted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment