Monday, August 18, 2014

Flannel napkins

Continuing the new apartment theme of this summer, I recently made a set of flannel napkins. I was inspired by this pattern--I think that flannel napkins are possibly one of the coziest ideas out there. But I did my own slightly more perfectionist-y process for the mitered corners.





I made six napkins, which took 2 yards of fabric (with a bit left over). Mine are 16 x 16," which for me is a good sized napkin. They didn't take long to sew, though I'll admit ironing out the lines for the mitered corners got tedious after a while. But the result was definitely worth it!

Here's a preview of my tablesetting--a bit eclectic, but I like it. :)


Anyway, I'm very happy with them and have already packed them up with the rest of my kitchen stuff. I can't wait to use them in my new apartment!


I might have to go buy some more flannel fabric so I can have a round dozen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment